Alpha 3.0 released
Published on 2018-08-28 by John Collins. Please follow me on Twitter for more:
After 1.5 years of part-time work on my behalf, I am happy to announce that version 3.0 of the Alpha Framework is available for download! Here are some of the main improvements with this release are:
- Now supports PHP 7.x.
- Increased unit test coverage to 75%.
- Removed dependencies on PEAR.
- Replaced Memcache extension calls with Memcached equivalents.
- Added file cache implementation of CacheProviderInterface and updated the CMS to use that.
- Various classes and attributes renamed to adhere to modern naming conventions and support PHP 7 (note this affects backwards-compatibility, check the check log for details).
- Removed mod_rewrite requirement (Alpha will now run on HTTPD or Nginx).
...and many, many more bug fixes and improvements, please check the change log for all of the details.
For more information, please refer to the official documentation and the page on Packagist.
Feature requests, bug reports, and pull requests are welcomed via Github.